Development of Beat is done on spare time, and bugs are inevitable. It can sometimes be hard to track down the exact problem you are facing, so I’ve devised a checklist to make things easy for both me and you. Beat is updated fairly often, so always first make sure you are running the latest version.
Please provide the following information:
- Beat version — found either on start screen or through Finder
- macOS version — found through the Apple menu → System Information
- Describe in detail what you were doing, what happened and, if possible, how to reproduce the bug/issue
- Crash report — if the app crashes, click on Report and Show Details. Then either save or copy & paste the crash log. It’s the one with a lot of numbers and strange text. A crash report is the best place to start solving crashes, so whenever possible, include this!
- Is there a formatting/exporting issue? Take screenshots (here’s how to do it) of both your screenplay file as well as the exported PDF to better explain what’s going wrong.
- If you can and dare, provide the screenplay file you were working on, or (preferably) a smaller example which causes issues. I won’t look into the contents, I’ll just run it through the app to see what’s happening. Anything you send will be deleted right away, and your privacy is respected.
I’m doing my best to fix the worst issues as soon as possible.
If you are using the app professionally, please consider donating a small sum to the development to help keep the lights on.
Thank you for helping to make Beat better!